Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Hiroshima Suckfest!!!!!

 
As I stated in class on Wednesday, “the book Hiroshima made me very angry.” There is no doubt in my mind that it was a well written piece of literature, from the enemy’s perspective. What angered me about the book was the sense of guilt that it made me feel and the feeling of sympathy for the Japanese civilians of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. As I read about the suffering of the people, the censorship of the American and Japanese governments I felt bad. This feeling of guilt and sympathy quickly subsided and I grew angry at myself. They were not victims they were the aggressors, I have stated that before. If I were looking to feel bad I would think about the families of the 2,402 Americans killed on December 7, 1941 when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor. The Japanese should not be pitied for the bombings. We were at war, people die. That is war!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment