Thursday, December 6, 2012

Damn the man!!!!!



This semester was great. I learned that if I apply myself and don’t drink and miss class I’m a good student. History and Technology was one of the best classes I have taken in a long time. I really enjoyed the open discussion, the flow of ideas and the different perspectives. I have to admit that at first I was very hesitant to sympathize with the Japanese. I was not taught to sympathize with the enemy and that is what I was always taught they were. It easier to accept the tragedy if they are dehumanized and I feel that is what American history has done to the people of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Now that I have a new perspective on the events that occurred I feel sorrow. It is painful to think that all that intelligence was wasted on destruction and not progress. Hopefully mankind will not destroy itself, but sadly I feel that it is in our nature to do so.  
countdown to destruction from youtube

No comments:

Post a Comment